Technology is radically changing the way we teach and learn, making it more engaging but also more challenging. Vocational education and training face major challenges, including new programs to improve the transition from school to work and tackle youth unemployment, as well as updating workers’ skills and competencies for new technologies, including artificial intelligence,
automation and the green economy.
The use of technology can help to learn at work and in vocational education and training schools to overcome these challenges and help educators to provide learners with more and better learning, guidance and support without increasing their overall workload. Technology can facilitate the development of modern and engaging learning materials. Realizing these benefits requires the development of new skills and competencies by teachers and trainers in VET. The European ESC stated that teacher training in all areas should include advanced digital competencies for teachers and their teaching. “Training should address the aspects of using ICT both as a learning tool in the context of course teaching and as a tool used by learners for their assignments and activities related to learning outside the school context.”
The project will develop a set of professional development resources for teachers and trainers in VET to design and deliver professional development for effective digital, open and innovative education and pedagogy.
The objectives of the project are:
– To examine the needs and priorities for professional development for teachers and trainers by developing an online self-assessment tool.
– To develop learning scenarios for different areas of VET and to test the scenarios and related technologies in VET schools or in the workplace
– Develop a digital repository of open educational resources and best practice models for the use of technology for teaching and training in VET in school and work environments
– Develop innovative learning opportunities and provide learning materials for the professional development of VET teachers and trainers
– Develop and test different models and practices for the provision of professional development for VET teachers and trainers.
– Develop a community of practice in the use of technology for open VET education and training in Europe.
The project will focus on three key areas of VET:
1) metallurgy and machinery production,
2) social care
- Alytaus Profesinio Rengimo Centras (Λιθουανία)
- Συνεργασία Ενεργών Πολιτών (Ελλάδα)
- Pontydysgu Limited (Ηνωμένο Βασίλειο)
- Learningdigital di Stefano Tirati (Ιταλία)
- Universitaet Bremen (Γερμανία)
- Assiciacao Universidade Empresa para Desenvolvimento Tecminho (Πορτογαλία)
- Vytauto Didziojo Universitetas (Λιθουανία)
Duration: 30 Months
Funding: Erasmus+ KA2 Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Website : http://idcvet.eu/