ArtDiCo – Art, Digitality and Corona
At the centre of this project is the creation of videos that depict one’s own situation in the corona crisis. Each of these videos uses a picture/artwork and the digital storytelling method. The videos are created in online workshops on the basis of a tutorial. As people with little digital literacy must not be excluded from educational formats of this kind, this group is given special attention: In a practical phase, all six partners form learning groups with people from this target group, test the method from virtual art tours to the final editing of the videos and finally present the works in virtual storytelling cafés. This phase is documented and prepared in such a way that the experiences can be further used for adult education. In this way, an online toolbox is created, consisting of various learning modules and examples that show how virtual workshops for digital storytelling, which are also suitable for people with little digital literacy, can be conducted using the example of art and corona.
A major role in the project is also played by how online workshops can be carried out in the most technically and communicatively adequate way. In the practical phase, the partners will test how such workshops can also be used by learners with little computer/internet affinity and how they themselves can best communicate with each other online.
In concrete terms, the following products are being created and made available on this toolbox:
1. an overview of existing methods, guidelines, practice models, research etc. on the topic of digital storytelling as well as a transfer to the practice of a virtual format
2. a multimedia tutorial on cultural education and art, the expression of works of art and the personal meaning of works of art for people, especially in certain life situations
3. a learning video on how digital storytelling can be done virtually in adult education
4. a documentation on the use of this educational video with people with low digital literacy and appropriate practical advice and recommendations
5. a collection of sample videos
6. a tutorial with sample videos on how to run virtual storytelling cafés.
Digital storytelling is particularly suitable for getting people with low digital literacy interested in the possibilities of computers and smartphones, as it is low-threshold, playful and creative. But what is crucial is that this method offers a format that allows people to deal with their own history, personality and identity and learn to communicate this to others in an
interesting way in the sense of storytelling. Art and creativity are among the most popular areas of general adult education.
- Vilniaus Dailes Akademia (Lithuania)
- Active Citizens Partnership (Greece)
- Socialna Akademia – Zavod Za Izobrazevanje, Raziskonanje in Kulturo (Slovenia)
- Media Actie Kuregem Stad (Belgium)
- Cofac Cooperativa de Formacao e Animacao Cultural CRL (Portugal)
- Ineuropa SRL (Italy)
Duration : 24 Months
Funding: Erasmus+ KA2 Cooperation for creativity
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtDiCoProject/