Probing Our Fortune – Carrier Preparedness and Life Navigation with Folktales
- to improve the preparedness of young people for carrier and life choices by developing their self-reflection, their resilience as well as having them actively make decisions and steps forward their future,
- to increase the acceptance of cultural diversities and also positive attitude towards sustainability,
- to develop sets of self-help and coaching / training tools for young people and their helpers, advisers and coaches to think through their choices, their motivation, and design their life steps.
The key result of the project are six folk tale boxes, which will contain:
- videoclips and online “cards” on different factors and tasks of the folk tale for young people as well as youth workers to work with;
assessment of the folk tale, guide for one-on-one use, and guide for group use for youth workers.
- The idea behind the Folk Tale boxes comes from Metamorphosis Folk Tale Therapy, developed by Ildikó Boldizsár. It says that all life situations have their own folk tales, and folk tales are narratives developed by our ancestors showing the steps to be made in these life situations in order to reinstate a good balance of life.
During Folk Tale therapy, we work with several factors of the tale: the heroes, enemies, supporters and magic objects of the Folk tales, each of which hold some elements for self-assessments. Scenes also contain tasks for the hero to solve.
During the development of each folk tale box, we are going to make a thorough assessment of the meaning of the folk tale, and each of the factors, and develop sets of questions and tasks relevant for self-work or counselling work.
Other outputs include:
- The Generic Framework: The generic framework contains a desktop research to assess carrier preparedness factors and potential development outcomes, and focus group reports done in each country with young people and youth workers. As a result of this assessment, ì a framework of problems and challenges young people face will be developed with consequent development goals, as well as a keyword system.
- Youth Worker Training Curriculum: A two-level training course for training peer mentors and youth workers on the use of folk tale boxes and the screening tool. There will be core modules, which are to be delivered to peer mentors by the youth workers, and modules, which are for the youth workers themselves delivered by our trainers.
- Coordinator: Rogers Személyközpontú Oktatásért Alapítvány (Hungary)
- HAFELEKAR UNTERNEHMENS BERATUNG SCHOBER GMBH (Austria)
- Active Citizens Partnership (Greece)
- CESIE (Italy)
Duration: 30 Months
Funding: Erasmus+ KA220-YOU – Cooperation partnerships in youth