The general objective of this project is, primarily, to systematize a practical model of community and civic engagement that can enhance civil society’s skills and capacity to prevent and counter radicalisation (PVE/CVE) by developing digital toolkits to disseminate in the local communities. Secondly, to develop support structures offering to all relevant local actors tailored trainings and consultancy services to help them to implement specific initiatives on PVE/CVE.
- To systematize a practical model of community and civic engagement that can enhance civil society’s skills and capacity to prevent and counter radicalisation;
- To test and develop an evidence-based methodology of community engagement aiming at preventing and countering radicalisation into 3 digital toolkits targeting three types of community: organisations of families of radicalised people, youth organisations and Muslims Communities;
- To implement the evidence-based methodology by supporting 54 local actors through tailored training, in order to teach them on how to empirically apply the toolkits in their own communities;
- To develop a support consultancy service in order to help 22 youth organisations, 14 organisations of family of radicalised people and 18 Muslim communities in implementing 54 Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE)/Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) initiatives.
- Development and implementation of 3 digital toolkits for organisations composed by families of radicalised people, youth organisations, Muslims Communities;
- Delivering 3 trainings for trainers for the Consortium’s NGO on how to use and disseminate the toolkit;
- Meeting for local communities developed by the consortium’s trainers;
- PVE/CVE initiatives developed by the local actors.
- 1 digital toolkit for youth organisations;
- 1 digital toolkit for organisations composed by families of radicalised people;
- 1 digital toolkit for Muslim Communities;
- CEAR Online Platform for Activists Networking;
- CEAR Online Platform for Consultant supporting communities;
- 1 Official Website to host toolkits.
- Coordinator: Lusófona University (Portugal)
- University of Uppsala (Sweden)
- TechSoup (Poland)
- Active Citizens Partnership (Greece)
- Verein MultiKulturell (Austria)
- CESIE (Italy)
- Peace Action, Training and Research Institute of Romania (Romania)
- Center for Social Innovation Cyprus (Cyprus)
- Syrien ne Bouge Agissons (France)
- Subjective Values Foundation (Hungary)
- Centre d’action et de prévention contre la radicalisation des indivdus (France)
Duration : 24 Months
Funding : DG Migration and Home Affairs, Internal Security Fund – Police 2018 (AG-CT-RAD)